Pioneers Club interviews of members
- 1996-2013 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.03 m textual records and other materials
Name of creator
BCIT. Pioneers Club (1994-2013)
The Pioneers Club was formed in February, 1994. Membership was composed of faculty and staff who were employed at BCIT on or prior to June 15, 1966 and who contributed to the establishment of the two year diploma programs.
Name of creator
BCIT. Archives (2005-2009, 2011-)
BCIT Archives exists to acquire, preserve, organize and provide access to the materials that uphold the legal and historical record of BCIT and the BCIT community. The need for establishing an Archives at BCIT was acknowledged and argued for by Library and Records Management staff starting in 2002. The BCIT Archives was first professionally staffed in 2005.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Series contains interviews with early BCIT instructors and administrators. Include transcript of most interviews.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
- Transcripts of interviews were originally saved in a Wordperfect 8.0 format (WPD files) on thirty 3 1/2" floppy discs. On June 26th, 2013 these were reformatted and saved at PDF files.
- Printed paper versions of the transcripts are available.
- A small sample of the 3 1/2" floppy discs have been kept as an example of an obsolete media. The rest were destroyed January 18, 2019.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
- Playback of original cassette tapes restricted for preservation reasons.
- Permissions to publish the interviews were never acquired. Please visit the BCIT Archives for access to interviews.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Includes 34 audio cassette tapes, 1 VHS cassette tape, 7 3 1/2" HD floppy discs and 7 DVD discs
Full transcriptions exist for the majority of interviews.
Subject access points
Place access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
C. McLellan, created 2018-12-17